It's a busy, busy semester. I'm currently neck-deep in:
- Secularism and Islam
- The relationship between low self-esteem and anti-social behaviour
- The Qin and Chin dynasties
- Primary stress
- Social commentary in contemporary fiction
And it's not even mid-terms yet.
For the life of me, I can't remember how to change the links underneath a post. Like the link to post comments. Or whatever it's called.
I've poked around and I still can't find it. I'm not having a very good semester, I can't afford brain-farts.
(In case it's not entirely clear to my non-existant readers, this post refers to Supernatural. It shall be the only show I talk about here, unless I mention otherwise, because it's the only show I watch.)
I am so absolutely, totally, completely anti-spoiler, that sometimes I even refuse to watch episode promos. I just feel that the emotional experience of watching an episode (or even an entire season) for the first time and not having a clue of what's going to happen next is a vital part of the excitement. Thus, I don't read casting news. I don't read interviews during hellatus. I don't even look at any kind of news. Nothing. Which sucks ass because it means I have to rely only on rehashing the last four seasons to survive hellatus.
I have, however, been indulging in all the reports that have come in from Comic-con. Yes, I'm with the rest of you who sit around moaning about how we'll always be too broke or live too far away to go to these things, and wait at home with barely contained excitement for the latest reports, videos, interview transcripts etc. And then, as they begin to trickle in we lap them up and devour them whole and oooppsss!!! I accidentally caught a spoiler. For me it's about as bad as getting a fishbone stuck in your throat while you're enjoying your fish dinner. Actually, so far I've gotten about three or four bits of information that I'd rather not know. By accident. So now I have to let off on all the Comic-con news. I'm sad.
Ok so...I figured since I've been wandering around here for a while, I might as well post something :)
1. In the one month (roughly) that I've been on LJ, I have fallen in love with this place (not to mention the fact that it's bloody addictive)
2. I never really bothered posting because I figured no one would read my journal, but the what the hec.
3. I am a massive fan of Supernatural (one reason I joined LJ...to squee with my fellow psycho saltgunners). At the same time, I try not to go overboard with my obsession, there's a limit to everything, no matter how much you love it.
4. I am an English Major. And I'm loving it. I plan to specialize in Linguistics (another reason I joined LJ, to meet other lovers of language, since there aren't many in real life that I can talk to besides my classmates, and some fresh air is always good)
This is my first ever post at LJ...woohoo! I'm honestly not sure why I'm here, but I'm still learning the ropes and getting a feel of what it's like here. So, hello livejournal :)